Here in Ohio—and many other states—stay at home orders have been extended. With at least another month of isolation ahead of us, it can be easy to focus on the negative. Some of us are out of work, or on a reduced schedule. Some of us are stay-at-home parents and homeschool teachers for the first time. Some of us are missing out on major milestones, or much anticipated vacations. However, if you can pause & take a deep breath, there is actually a lot of good happening.
Here is some of the good that we are seeing in our lives:
- Businesses that are essential are closing earlier.
- Manufacturers are redirecting time & resources to serve our communities.
- Families are sitting down and having dinner together.
- Society is sacrificing TOGETHER for the greater good.
- People are outside.
- We are celebrating small victories that are normally overlooked.
- For once, most of us have time to spare.
For me, the ‘good’ in all of this looks like: Spending extended time with our 2 children, Silas and Sloan. They are little, and I may never have more time with them than I do right now. I've even been able to get to projects around the house that would normally get put off to a later date, if at all. I’m spending a ton of time with my freakin’ awesome wife.
I'm not saying this is easy, or something to be happy about. But, maybe just today, turn off the news and enjoy this moment as best you can. Stay safe, stay strong! We're all in this together.
And remember: There are plenty of folks leaving home everyday to provide essential services. They would love to be safe at home with their families.